Monday, June 16, 2014

Dalton's Flower Guy Vest and Bow Tie (Simplicity 1509)

This boy wasn't quite charming enough for Rachel's wedding guests, so we fashioned up a matching vest and bow tie for him.

Pattern: Simplicity 1509
size: 4 wide, 5 long. I cut the lengthwise measurements to size 5, and cut to 4 on the width.
 


Matching bow tie - super easy to make.
 

 
I had to order vintage buttons on ebay. Even though Jo-Ann carries (supposedly) these exact buttons, I could never find them in store and my attempts to call were met with the usual Jo-Ann customer service...



I think he looks dashing!


 

 


I'm very impressed with the buttonholes. I learned how to do them and got it done all in just 20 minutes. Whew!
 

 


 


See also Maggie's Flower Girl Dress (Simplicity 4647) and Sienna's Flower Girl Dress (Simplicity 5695)

No comments: