Sunday, February 23, 2014

Home Preschool: Letters M, N and O is for Ocean

M is for monsters (and muffins!)

N was for noodle necklaces, but I didn't get a picture.

O is for Ocean and Octopus.

We made a seashell paper plate craft.


And a fish hand print paper plate craft.  This picture shows so much of the kids' personality. Maggie's: like a big girl (I actually did the blue), Dalton's: purposely incorrect. And Dalton's two friends, one as perfect as a four year old can do and the other completely covered and a bit crazy.


We had blue jell-o with Swedish Fish, gummy octopuses and a beach umbrella.  We also had octopus hot dogs with ketchup waves and goldfish crackers.


I made two sensory boxes. The first was a beach sensory box. It's baking soda with a little bit of water mixed in. I added yellow food coloring to the water. I would guess it's 3 cups of baking soda and 1 cup of water. I added sea shells, beach umbrellas and some caps and lids for making mini sand castles.


This was an ocean sensory bin.  It was our first time playing with water beads. I made them with blue water. I found that worked better if I added lots of blue food coloring to just enough water and added more water only as needed. The first batch wasn't quite as blue.  The ocean sensory bin also has green easter grass for seaweed and some plastic fish figures.



The bins were a hit.





No comments: