Saturday, March 17, 2012

Arches and More Arches

Our first day at Arches National Park. Someone messed up the ISO on my camera, so the first pictures are all overexposed and grainy.  Sneak peek at Delicate Arch through this arch.



I pointed out our license plate to Maggie before this hike, and she was not disappointed.



Yes, I carried my toddler up that hill (and beyond)! Go me! (And John!)


Walking to Sand Dune Arch Dalton discovered "It's sand! It's sand!"



We dumped out about half a cup of sand from Dalton's shoes.


Look how tiny my kids are! I could only get about 1/3 the height of the wall (sand fin) in the picture.



 Someone had already scratched in the apostrophe, so I didn't have to deface government property.


Landscape Arch.  We tried to call this the dinosaur arch, but Maggie wouldn't have any of it after seeing the arch. "It does NOT look like dinosaurs kissing," she said. In the top right is Partition Arch.


And here's Maggie up behind the little Partition Arch.



This is the big one you can see in the Landscape Arch picture.


Climbing back down the sand fins.  I love Maggie's little pout. John took another picture right after this and she's grinning, so don't be fooled.



No comments: