Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Candy Corn Princess Costume

Here is the Candy Corn Princess herself trick-or-treating at Daddy's work. I thought I'd share the inner workings of her $5 costume.

Tutu. I did a separate tutorial for this here.
Candy Corn Trick-or-Treat bag. Felt and orange embroidery thread. I hand-stitched the layers together and then blanket-stitched the sides. I used this tutorial called How to Hand-Sew Felt Using a Blanket Stitch. Get it?
Hair clippie! I made two of these as you can see in other pictures of Maggie in her costume, but this is the cute one. I hand-stitched the felt around a white snap-clip, with the bottom of the clip just poking through the felt.
Here is the Candy Corn Wand - also already posted as I couldn't wait to share it.
Candy Corn Pants - also already posted as I didn't know they'd morph into an adorable Halloween costume.
Put it all together and you've got a lot of cuteness!

No comments: