Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Elephant Ears

I printed this elephant pattern before Maggie was born. Little did I know she'd come to love elephants. So I made her one. The fabric was from Mom's house. Eventually, I realized it was not fabric, but a cut-out nightgown she hadn't finished sewing. I have no use for a flannel nightgown, so I made some of it into this elephant instead.

I put half of a grocery bag in each ear (to make them crinkle), and added a piece of fleece for a tail. Unfortunately, the little guy's legs are 2D. Or he only has 2 legs. That's what I get for using a pattern than can be printed on 8.5x11 paper. Maggie seems to like him ok, but he's no Piglet.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

I have a really cute pattern for a small elephant blanket if you're interested. I make mine out of minky.